14 Mar 2017

THE DECEIVING LOOKS
My weekend wasn’t fun at all. Well, I got a chance to hang around with my girls, but we didn’t do the usual shopping, gossiping and selfie taking thing. Rather we discussed about serious issues affecting women. I then talked to different ladies on the streets about their lives and researched more about the valued and top rated renown personalities. Honestly, it was quite a mission. But I also acquired a name from my friends a “feminist wannabe”.We have all faced problems in life ,right? Some give up while others fight to very end. I think it’s the outcome that matters. How its molded us positively. But what happens when these circumstances force us to live a lie? Like a con artist? Or in the mistaken identity cases? Many might ask. I live like a queen and am sure many women would kill to be associated with me.I own expensive cars,posh,houses,I get to travel everywhere whenever I want ,my kids are in the best luxurious school in the world and I have the best husband ever. I have everything money can buy. I could say that am a 1st class kind of a lady. Living a perfect life has been my dream, where everyone envies me.i have hated mediocrity and weak people, but sometimes I feel as if I have no emotions at all. Maybe it’s because of my upbringing which was scarely and full of trauma. Recently, I have been craving for something unusual. I want to be free, free from myself. I miss my kids and my marriage is falling apart .am tired of acting strong and happy to everyone. That was Karen.Well,even the rich cry. Sarah’s story wasn’t different at all. She is a beautiful lady who has gone through many surgeries to perfect her body in order to keep her modelling job. “I have always loved to model, but I didn’t have any idea it’s going to be this demanding. I might be damaging my body but the pay cheque is more important. I don’t recognize myself any more. People are always happy for me on the run way, cheering and calling my name. But don’t you think it’s painful, sad and obscene to live such kind of life? I have had silicones implants in my breasts for five years and my body is always “butchered” every month. Just for a contract? A times we envy people and think highly of them without knowing the kind of monster pricking them from inside. They say you shouldn’t judge a woman unless you’ve been in her shoes or her scarf, so whom am I to judge?

5 comments:

  1. I like the two stories you've used between the two ladies,, miss feminist wanabe hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thankyou soo very much Euty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, I am happy to read your work and to see that you took writing seriously. I didn't think that little chat we had about blogging could go this far, I thank God. Your thought presentation is flowing, use paragraphs and make it even more interesting.
    Go go girl, I can only imagine a better tomorrow for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehehe.....Thanx Martin..I was serious by the way.....

    I have always wanted to thankyou,but i don't even know how..It's ur fault lakini,unajua chenye ulifanya......hehehehe..

    ReplyDelete